The costs of the intake interview, preliminary genetic analysis and gynaecological examination, IVF and/or ICSI procedures and genetic testing of the embryonic cells are covered by nearly all health insurers, subject to the statutory excess, as well as any voluntary excess which may apply.
In certain cases preliminary genetic testing of relatives of the prospective parents may be required, in addition to the genetic testing undergone by the prospective parents themselves. This familial genetic testing will be claimed from the prospective parents’ health insurer, provided that it is covered under their basic health insurance policy. It is up to the prospective parents to check this. In the event that familial genetic testing is not covered under the prospective parents’ insurance policy, the relatives’ health insurers will be billed for such blood sampling. Generally, it will be covered under their insurance policies, subject to the statutory excess, as well as any voluntary excess which may apply.
Your treating IVF centre (Maastricht UMC+, Utrecht UMC, Groningen UMC or Amsterdam UMC) will be able to tell you how much the IVF and/or ICSI procedures associated with your PGD procedure will cost.
Depending on the clinical picture it can be necessary to consult other specialists in the centre of the IVF/PGD-treatment. Please check your health insurance about coverage.
Price list 2019
- PGD intake interview at Clinical Genetics Maastricht (declaration code 191125) € 1,537.67
- Genetic preparation by Clinical Genetics Maastricht: molecular research into gene defects in a specific gene (declaration code 191144) € 855.67 (p.p.)
- Gynaecological preparation by Gynaecology Maastricht, Utrecht, Groningen or Amsterdam
female (F11, declaration code 14D607) € 766.01
male (F11, declaration code 14B181) € 287.68
- IVF / ICSI treatment (per treatment / cycle) by Gynaecology Maastricht, Utrecht, Groningen or Amsterdam
in the case of IVF treatment (declaration code 14B173 / 16B173) € 2,378.49
in the case of ICSI treatment (declaration code 14B168 / 16B168) € 2,701.33
- PGD analysis (per treatment / cycle) at Clinical Genetics Maastricht (declaration code 191126) € 6,618.62